- Location: London
- Language: English plus a second language is beneficial
- Job level: Experienced
- Required Experience: Culinary Experience of minimum 3 years in Tandoor and Curry Cooks
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive Salary
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Head Chef for a modern Indian Takeaway. As the Head Chef you will be responsible for the all the Tandoor and curry dishes for this busy take away business.
The takeaway offers modern and traditional Indian Cuisine in a sophisticated and truly intimate atmosphere. Each dish is freshly prepared by the Head Chef, so we require a chef who is very experienced within the same cuisine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cook tandoori dishes on the menu following recipes
- Overall responsibility for operations of tandoori dishes
- Preparing food items by cutting, chopping and mixing
- Producing new tandoori dishes
- Managing, training new assistance tandoori chefs
- Prepare tandoor dishes under instructions of Head Chefs
- Allocate and oversee the work of the junior kitchen staff team including cleaning schedules.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the restaurant
- Participation in staff meetings.
- Participation in training activities.
- Participation in staff supervision and personal development review in the kitchen
- Participate in quality assurance systems.
- Take responsibility for the development of junior chefs within the curry section
- All duties must be carried out to comply with:
- Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements.
- Statutory legislation, in particular the Health and Hygiene regulations.
- Fire precautions.
- Equal opportunity principles and the Trusts anti-discriminatory policy.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION INCLUDE:
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- An ability to work independently and as a team leader when essential
- A positive attitude and commitment
- Ability to supervise the kitchen team.
- The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
- Team player
- Mostly Straight shifts
- Competitive Salary
- Good service training provided, Fun, fast paced environment
- Opportunity to work with a stable & experienced team
- Supportive Management
- Progression Opportunities (Immense scope within as well as upcoming sites depending on the role.
Please note that by applying for this position, you are giving your consent for Holy Cow to process your personal data in line with our GDPR policy and consent declaration. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by informing the Company that you wish to do so.