- Location: Putney, London
- Language: English plus second language is beneficial
- Job level: Experienced
- Required Experience: Culinary Experience of minimum 3 years in Tandoor and Curry Cooks
- Hours: Full Time
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Curry Chef for a modern Indian Takeaway. The takeaway offers modern and traditional Indian Cuisine in a sophisticated and truly intimate atmosphere. Each dish is freshly prepared by the Chefs, so we require a curry chef who is very experienced within the same cuisine. Curry Chef will be expected to prepare Indian culinary delights, sauces and marination with the curry section ensuring food is produced to a high standard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Whilst assistance will be provided in the basic prep the Curry chef will be responsible and accountable for preparation and presentation of all curry dishes.
- To undertake menu planning in consultation with Head Chef.
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served.
- Assisting the Head Chef in maintaining records of stock and orders items as required.
- Ensuring that adequate stocks of food are maintained (fresh, frozen and dried) for the curry section.
- Assist the Head Chef in checking quantity and quality of stock received and notify suppliers of deficiencies.
- Allocate and oversee the work of the junior kitchen staff team including cleaning schedules.
- Ensure HACCP’s processes are followed and recorded as required.
- When required to oversee washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other kitchens equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen as appropriate.
- Assisting the Head Chef to ensure that the food expenditure is kept within budget.
- When required deputise in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To understand responsibilities in relation to fire procedures, health and safety, COSSH, infection control, food hygiene and emergency aid
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the restaurant
- Participation in staff meetings.
- Participation in training activities.
- Participation in staff supervision and personal development review in the kitchen
- Participate in quality assurance systems.
- Take responsibility for the development of junior chefs within the curry section
- All duties must be carried out to comply with:
- Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements.
- Statutory legislation, in particular the Health and Hygiene regulations.
- Fire precautions.
- Equal opportunity principles and the Trusts anti-discriminatory policy.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- An ability to work independently and as a team leader when essential
- A positive attitude and commitment
- Theoretical and practical experience in Menu Planning
- Ability to manage food budget.
- Ability to supervise the kitchen team.
- The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
- The ability to build a supportive team where individual skills are recognised and valued
- Calm under pressure, attention to detail, flexible
- Mostly Straight shifts – 40 hours per week.
- Competitive Salary £26000 -£29000 depending on experience
- Good service training provided, Fun, fast paced environment
- Opportunity to work with a stable & experienced team
- Supportive Management
- Progression Opportunities (Immense scope within as well as upcoming sites depending on the role.
Please note that by applying for this position, you are giving your consent for Holy Cow to process your personal data in line with our GDPR policy and consent declaration. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by informing the Company that you wish to do so.